Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Blog

Happy 2010. Hard to believe another year is over.

I've wanted to start this blog for awhile now, to have a place to write about my runs and keep track of data and my goals. 2009 marked a year where I finally started getting back into running after taking essentially 6 years off. In high school, running was my life and there was nothing I loved more. But then I went away to college in 2002 and things changed. However I am glad to be back and have even surprised myself this past year by doing a half marathon with my BFF Kristen. I'm looking forward to 2010 being the best running year ever, training harder and smarter and doing at least one marathon.

I want to set some official goals, but I still need to think it over some.

Today was my first run of the new year. It was extremely frigid, 20 degrees with a biting wind but it felt good. My new baby garmin says I did 3.51 miles in 31.18 which is 8:55 pace. (My nikeplus says 3.74 miles.) Unfortunately I forgot the heart rate monitor so no data there. Im still learning how to use it. Ive seen other blogs where people upload charts and graphs and I want to be able to do that. I also need to figure out how to use the HR to my training advantage.

The BF is home now and is pressuring me to play Wii with him so I'm signing off.



No comments:

Post a Comment